[I] A RARE VISIONARY EFFORT
[II] OUR VISION
[III] OUR MISSION
[IV] SWOT ANALYSIS
[V] PRIMARY QUALITY OBJECTIVES
[VI] MASTER PLAN FOR ACCOMPLISHMENT OF TARGETED GOALS BY 2020
A RARE VISIONARY EFFORT
In 1916, a dedicated group of teachers popularly known as “SAPTARSHIS” embarked upon a dream vision – to create a strong education base in the neglected areas of Karnataka and Maharashtra. Over the past 90 years, the KLE Society has blazed a trail and set an unparalleled example in education and service in the South.
Today, the KLE society runs over 165 institutions in the areas of healthcare delivery and education, with manpower in excess of 7000. More than 70,000 students undergoing every possible course – from kindergarten to post-doctoral programmes in the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Science and professional courses such as Medicine, Engineering, Law, Pharmacy and Management, are all a part of this gigantic social phenomenon.
Since inception, the aim of the KLE Society has been to set unmatched standards in the quality of education, thereby creating world-class professionals who are empowered to set standards of their own, in a global arena.
Realizing the magnitude of such a task, the sponsoring Society began its efforts a decade ago under the dynamic leadership of Shri. Prabhakar Kore, Chairman, KLE Society to achieve the University status.
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (JNMC), established in 1963, has carved for itself a distinct position on the global map of medical education. It is adjudged as one of the top 25 institutions of medical sciences in the country. JNMC, along with well reputed Institute of Dental Sciences (IDS) were presented as the core components for establishment of KLE Academy of Higher Education & Research – Deemed University. The KLE University status has been accorded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, on the advise of the University Grants Commission (vide their letter No. F.9-19/2000-U.3(A), dated 13-04-2006).
The KLE University formerly KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research has begun with two constituent colleges:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (JNMC), Nehru Nagar, Belgaum (Recognised by MCI)
- Institute of Dental Sciences (IDS) Nehru Nagar, Belgaum (Recognised by DCI)
The University will introduce in a phased manner, the Colleges of Pharmacy, (Belgaum, Bangalore and Hubli), Institute of Nursing Sciences (Belgaum), Institute of Physiotherapy (Belgaum), Shri B. M. Kankanwadi Ayurved Mahavidyalaya (Belgaum) and Institute of Dental Sciences (Bangalore) under the umbrella of the University, which will all bear the hallmark of excellence.
New and exciting concepts such as a School of Economics, International Institute of Business Administration, Institute of Public Health, Institute of Clinical Research, School of Mathematics, etc. are also planned. The ultimate goal is to create a talent base that proves itself on a global level.
Great emphasis is laid on the quality of the faculty, the moral and ethical standards and development of world-class infrastructure.
“To be an outstanding University of excellence ever in pursuit of newer horizons to create self-reliant global citizens through assured quality education programmes.”
- To promote sustainable development of higher education consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To plan and continuously provide necessary infrastructure and learning resources required for quality education and innovations.
- To stimulate to extend the frontiers of knowledge, through faculty development and continuing education programmes.
- To make research a significant activity involving staff, students and society.
- To promote industry / organization, interaction / collaborations with regional, national and international bodies.
- To lay emphasis on society-oriented programmes in the areas of health and education with a common man as the focal point.
- To establish healthy systems for communication among all stakeholders for vision-oriented growth.
The dynamism of the Hon’ble Chancellor, Supportive Management, committed and experienced faculty members, disciplined cadre of the students and conducive environment for academic interaction are the prime strengths of the University. The impact of inadequate connectivity with mega cities of the country is negated by the learner-friendly set-up of the green campus and internationally acclaimed physicians and teachers
The State of the Art facility of the Superspeciality Hospital with 1520 beds under one roof provides excellent clinical material for health education. It also affords excellent opportunity for promoting medical tourism. The international collaborations for field trials of drugs and sound research base facilitate promotions of society-oriented R & D programs.
In the context of globalization of health services and stiff competition from reputed health centres world-wide, KLE Hospital and Medical Research Centre has to sustain the current rate of growth of its infrastructure both in terms of hospital network and human resource. The Physicians and Surgeons, who constitute the most significant component of the University and Hospital – have to become more visible globally by pursuing purposeful research with an accelerated speed.
It is on the basis of this analysis, we venture to propose Primary Quality Objectives and short and long sighted goals for the University.
PRIMARY QUALITY OBJECTIVES
- To implement effectively programmes through creativity and innovation in teaching, learning and evaluation.
- To ensure that the academic, career and personal counseling are in-built into the system of curriculum delivery.
- To enhance reading and learning capabilities among faculty and students and inculcate sense of life-long learning.
- To incorporate themes to build values, civic responsibilities and sense of national integrity.
- To impart spirit of inquiry and scientific temperament among students through research-oriented activities.
- To promulgate process for effective, continuous and objective-oriented student performance evaluation.
- To ordinate periodic performance evaluation of the faculty.
- To develop holistic personality through innovative education which equips them with the required skills.
- To conduct need-based training programmes to polish the right edges.
- To provide adequate opportunity and platform for expression of individual potentials and groom diverse talent.
- To adopt and implement principles of participation, transparency and accountability in governance of academic and administrative activities.
- To constantly display sensitivity and respond to changing educational, social and community demands.
- To emphasize and encourage on working in teams resulting in the individual’s growth.
- To strengthen, develop and implement staff and student welfare programmes.
- To promote public-private partnership.
MASTER PLAN FOR ACCOMPLISHMENT OF TARGETED GOALS BY 2020
PHASES OF MASTER PLAN FOR VISION-2020
Short Term Goals
Long Term Goals